- Try not to touch them much, particularly during the first few hours
- Keep them as dry as possible for at least 24-36 hours. ( use only lukewarm water, and keep water off your eyes.)
- Try to stay out of the heat. This also includes avoiding steamy environments, very hot showers, spas, saunas etc. for 24 hours as a minimum
- After the 24 hour mark, they are technically waterproof, but they probably won’t last quite as long as if you didn’t.
- Make sure you are using oil-free products on your face, particularly eye makeup removers and cleansers
- Clean them properly, at least a few times a week with a foaming lash cleanser.
- Do not play with or pick at your lashes, rub your eyes roughly. If you are a picker, it can really damage your natural lashes
- Do not use oily products on your eyes or face
- Do not use waterproof or oil based mascara or eyeliner (felt tip/pen-style liquid liner is usually fine, or we stock a range of suitable makeup items)
- Do not use any mascara if you can help it
- Do not use baby wipes/makeup wipes/cotton pads to wipe makeup off them
- Do not try to remove them yourself – as it may damage your natural lashes. We can remove them for you if you wish
- Do not use cleansing oils, coconut oil etc. on your face if you want the lashes to last
- Do not put strip lashes on top of them unless you are prepared to lose a few of your own lashes when you try to take them off.
- Do not try to light a cigarette on your toaster or stove-top (good life advice generally – but will also stop your lashes getting singed and frazzled on the ends!)
“Let us know before your infill if you think you will need more time because you have lost more lashes than expected, or want to upgrade to a thicker set/more lashes.”