- Try not to touch them much, particularly during the first few hours
- Keep them as dry as possible for at least 24-36 hours. ( use only lukewarm water, and keep water off your eyes.)
- Try to stay out of the heat. This also includes avoiding steamy environments, very hot showers, spas, saunas etc. for 24 hours as a minimum
- After the 24 hour mark, they are technically waterproof, but they probably won’t last quite as long as if you didn’t.
- Make sure you are using oil-free products on your face, particularly eye makeup removers and cleansers
- Clean them properly, at least a few times a week with a foaming lash cleanser.
- Do not play with or pick at your lashes, rub your eyes roughly. If you are a picker, it can really damage your natural lashes
- Do not use oily products on your eyes or face
- Do not use waterproof or oil based mascara or eyeliner (felt tip/pen-style liquid liner is usually fine, or we stock a range of suitable makeup items)
- Do not use any mascara if you can help it
- Do not use baby wipes/makeup wipes/cotton pads to wipe makeup off them
- Do not try to remove them yourself – as it may damage your natural lashes. We can remove them for you if you wish
- Do not use cleansing oils, coconut oil etc. on your face if you want the lashes to last
- Do not put strip lashes on top of them unless you are prepared to lose a few of your own lashes when you try to take them off.
- Do not try to light a cigarette on your toaster or stove-top (good life advice generally – but will also stop your lashes getting singed and frazzled on the ends!)