Don’t let your gorgeous lash extensions get in the way of beach or pool plans! With some precaution and a little care, lash extensions are swimming-safe! In fact, they’re one of the best options for staying glam by the water.
Read on as we debunk all your eyelash extension swimming myths. PLUS, we’ll share our favorite lash extension tips for swim day.
1. CAN I GO SWIMMING IF I HAVE LASH EXTENSIONS.
You absolutely can go swimming with lash extensions. Be sure to give your new extensions eight hours to set before getting them wet (this goes for swimming, showering or washing your face)
2. CAN I SWIM IN THE OCEAN WITH EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
Yes, but if you’re splashing through waves, we do recommend wearing a pair of swimming goggles to protect your extensions from salt (which can break down the adhesive used to attach your natural lash to the extension) and friction—water pressure from waves or even a high-pressure shower can place extra stress on your extensions, which may cause them to shed early. Swimming goggles leave plenty of space for your fluttery lashes.
3. MY LASHES WON’T LOOK THE SAME AFTER I GO SWIMMING.
False: They can and should, but you do need to take care of them for that to happen. Aftercare is critical to ensuring your lashes look as good after your swim as they did before. You wash and brush your hair after hitting the pool, right? It’s the same for your lashes.
Keep your lashes intact for longer and be sure your vacation pics look flawless by choosing the right products and following your recommended lash care routine:
- Opt for an oil-free sunscreen, and be careful to avoid your extensions when applying.
- Cleanse your lashes with after your swim (especially if swimming in saltwater or chlorine).
- Pack a clean, soft, lint-free towel to gently pat your lashes dry.
- Brush through your lashes with a clean lash wand after a day by the water.
Lucy’s Lashes at Yorba Linda
17524 Yorba Linda Blvd,
Yorba Linda, CA 92886